Friday 16 March 2012

Dignity Poster Designs

Here are the sketches that were done for the collages. I started with rough sketches, consulted with our development worker Maureen and then chose a few to do larger in colour. We then chose two out of the four. I was inspired by the words freedom and being heard as well as drawing inspiration from album covers of the 1960s and propaganda posters, especially those of the second world war.

This was a little too heritage/countryside campaign


Everyone was a fan of this one but I felt it was less dramatic than the others. I do like the slogan though, taken from a nuclear war poster.
This was one of the posters that went on to be produced as a collage. I like how patriotic and empowered the characters look and the final image was really striking.

This was the other image we chose to create. This was far easier to make in collage because it's a lot more graphic and the shapes are much more simplified. I think perhaps that's why its so effective.

I intend to try and get some of these done as proper, finished artworks, hopefully next week when I'm on leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment