Thursday 3 May 2012

Songs of a Lifetime

And a quick apology for once again not posting! We had a crazy week last week with something majorly bad happening to my auntie and me being riddled with a post-holiday cold. By comparison my own ills were pretty minor but it did put me out of commission for much of last week and meant I couldn't really visit since I was coughing and sneezing so much there wasn't enough hand sanitizer to protect anyone. I'm happy to say she's doing really well, all things considered and my own cold is now just a pesky cough.


Sooo whilst I get my head back into what I had in mind for my blog I thought I'd post some of my favorite songs. When we were in Amsterdam we had a drinking game (if that's the right word) that asked two questions: What song would we play at our funeral and if you were the last person on earth and everyone else had been wiped out what song would you play as your rocket headed for safety?


Funeral Song
For Martha by the Smashing Pumpkins 
(Coincidentally I couldn't find a version on youtube that wasn't live or instrumental...listen to the proper version, its much better >.>)


Or

We'll Meet Again by Vera Lynn
(Though this does have slightly sinister zombie undertones)

Song As I Leave Earth For The Last Time
Adagio in D Major (Sunshine) by John Murphy
I think there might have been another song that I said but I can't for the life of me remember it!

Song To Dance To At Wedding
And because I'm totally lame I shall also include this...
Something About Us by Daft Punk

No comments:

Post a Comment