Tuesday 8 May 2012

Where The Wild Things Where

It's a sad day for children's book lovers everywhere because Maurice Sendak, the legend behind the book Where the Wild Things Are has passed away. He changed the face of children's illustration and storytelling, created hauntingly beautiful images that spoke of imagination, dreams and oddness and generally contributed a huge amount to the world in general. The world was a better place for his creations and I hope he knew that before the end. Rest in Peace Maurice Sendak.

On a happier note it's Children's Book Week so a perfect time to celebrate his life and work. Later on in the week I'll be posting up a peek into a few of my favorites from my vast collection. Also apologies for the mass posting today! I am sure I will behave from now on!

No comments:

Post a Comment